Crimson review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: May 24, 2005
Alkaline Trio: Crimson

Most of the songs are great. Half of the can definitely become another pop-punk anthem if they are released as singles. They've made the right decision of choosing Time To Waste as the first single off Crimson. The piano intro has a very good chemical reaction with the guitar riffs. Other songs I would also recommend must be Burn, Back To Hell and Dethbed. Especially Burn, it has a very special arrangement. Give it a listen.

They've improved a bit in writing lyrics. Not a very big change, but their lyrical techique has grown better. You can tell that from songs like Burn, Prevent The Tragedy or Dethbed. They can really touch your heart or make you feel related to.

I was never an Alkaline Trio fan. I used to think they were just another common pop punk bands out there. But Crimson has changed my mind. Before Crimson was released, every punk site has put the crimson-ads in the front page. It was appearly a highly-expected album, and the guys didnt let us down. they've done a pretty good job, either lyrically and musically. I would love it more if they have put fewer love songs in it. Its too pop-punk-ish and I think its time for them to grow up. If it was stolen, I would borrow it and burn it as I'm not a huge fan of Alkaline Trio.