From Here to Infirmary review by Alkaline Trio

Alkaline Trio: From Here to Infirmary

This is the cd that brought an unknown alkaline trio into the world. The sound on this album is very good, studio produced at vagrant which is a step up from asian man records. The trio experiment a little adding piano bits in songs such as crawl. But you can't mistake matt's guitar riffs. However not like the regular raw electric we have been used to in the bands previous releases.

Matt and Dan's lyric potential is endless and this cd is an example of it. From the hit singles Private Eye and Stupid Kid, to the modern alkaline trio anthem Armaggedon, the lyrics are pure trio. They may have changed line up once again but its the same alkalinwe trio we know. Matts ability to make words ryhme is outstanding, eg. I've been preoccupied with with these sick sick senses that sense D.N.A. on barb wire fences out of private eye is a testimony to this man's ability. (If I could rate more than 5 then I would).

This album, was trios breakthrough into the music stream, I hadn't heard of them until then but now I am a die hard fan, owning every cd they have produced. It is a lot more higher class, with state of the art recording, which is unlike asian man records. I had come accustomed to the sounds of raw electric guitars, but now they are gone. If this cd was stolen, I would kick the shit outta who took it, and obviously buy another one.