Good Mourning review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: May 13, 2003
Alkaline Trio: Good Mourning

The songs on this album are great. As mentioned in a previous review about one of the singers having problems with his voice, yes this is noticable if you've heard the other albums but does not ruin the album in the slightest. The guitar does sound slightly different but not much, I'd say it is alot smoother than previous recordings which were a bit rawer.

The lyrics I believe are great as they blend so well with guitar. The fact they have two great singers working on the songs adds variety to the mix but keeps the authentic alkaline trio sound despite this which is pretty cool.

This album is a definite progression from past albums. Like others I became a fan after seeing the videos on MTV and kerrang for 'Private Eye' and 'Stupid Kid' (From here To Infirimary 2001). This supposedly only sold 95,000 of that album which is a huge injustice if you ask me, should have been platinum. I now own all their albums and am a huge fan. Kerrang describes them as the most meleodic punk band in history and you'd be a fool to argue if you've heard the new and old albums. Before hearing this band I was more into metal (love those solos lol) but I have learnt that to make a great song there doesn't have to be this. Good Mourning has some of the most catchy tunes of any album released in 2003 and songs remain fresh even when played regularly.( I bought bout 100 in total an tht was only the new 1s!!) So if you're a fan already or curious about Alkaline Trio you won't go wrong buying this album. Quality songs that don't bring shame to the genre of punk unlike blink 182 hehehehe... sorry couldn't resist.