Good Mourning review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: May 13, 2003
Alkaline Trio: Good Mourning

I just want to say that the Trio is by far my favorite band. But anyway I must admit when I first got this album I really didnt like it that much. The music is very well produced, good for new fans, bad for old fans. Its very hard to place this CD in one spot. This could be love is kind of emoish and my least favorite song on the CD. We've had enough is straight up punk rock. While others are pop punk. Anyway there a lot of different styles. But the cd has grew on me becoming one of my favorite cds.

Ok lets get to the lyrics. The lyrics this time around are kind of different. Matt's are darker this time around, and they are funny in a sadistic way. For example "You crashed your car through my front door I pulled from the wreckage, You told me that you missed me, but you meant with the grill and hood, you'd kill me if you could". I forgot to mention that Matt is hoarse on this CD. But it only helps to make songs sound darker. Dan's songs are very happy this time around because he just got married. Every thug has a Lady is a very good example. But anyway they both got a close split on the record. So expect to hear a lot more from Dan.

Overall they changed a bit since Goddanmit. And I'm not going to hold that against them because this is one of the albums ever made, and I'm not overexagerating. It really is that good. The most expressive songs on the album are probably "Blue In The Face", "Continetal", "Every Thug Needs A Lady", and We've had enough. What I love most about this album is how dark it is, and the lyrics are very well written. If it were stolen id buy it back, but at the end of the day this album is well worth the money.