Maybe I'll Catch Fire review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: Feb 29, 2000
Alkaline Trio: Maybe I'll Catch Fire

This is typical early trio with solid electric guitar riffs over matt and dans melodic vocals. The guitars and bass used in this album are clearly of poorer quality than some of their recent titles. This however is more appealing as it sounds like a live show. Apart from Goddamnit this is one of the better sounding alkaline trio albums.

From a dog shittin razorblades to it feels so right, this albums lyrics are so meaningful and their is something on this CD that everyone can relate to, whether it be a broken heart or the thoughts of suicide. This is more classic trio than their modern macabre that is associtated with Good Mourning. Overall the lyrics on this album are just superb.

This is my favourite alkaline trio album, the sound and the general voice of matt skiba make this album what it is. The classic Radio is probably the alkaline trio most renown and any one of the songs on this album is enough to make any listener buy it. If I lost this CD i would definitely buy another one. So if you don't have this album i strongly suggest you purchase it.