Maybe I'll Catch Fire review by Alkaline Trio

• Released: Feb 29, 2000
Alkaline Trio: Maybe I'll Catch Fire

The sound on this cd is ok but not the best. Matt uses a lot of power chords but mixes it up nicely making for some very awesome guitar riffs. Don't beleave me just listen to madam me. Anyway the stick out instrument has to be the bass. I'm not saying Dan is the best bass player in the world, I'm just saying he dosen't follow along with the guitar. And you can tell. The bass lines totaly stick and make the music so much cooler. The drummer, well lets just say hes no Travis Barker. But thats not saying anything bad, I mean the drums are solid they just don't stick out the way the guitar and bass do. And when the guitar and bass are so good you can tell the drums are ok but not great. But overall the music is well done.

The lyrics are extremely good. Some are very dark (Tuck Me In) and others about thoughts of suicide (Maybe I'll Catch Fire). The Trio have always been known for thier dark but funny lyrics and this is exception. Some are about lost love and stuff like that. I just wanna say thtat their songs are very depressing and sad. Which is good music supposed to make you feel ways, even if it is sad.

My overall impression, it was a very good CD. The Trio have always stuck out from others bands up intil Crimson. I use to all about Blink 182 before my frien let me have a burnt Trio CD. That's all it took. The most impressive songs on the album are Tuck Me In, Fuck You Aoura, She Took Him To The Lake, Madam Me, Radio, that's pretty much half the album. I love the dark lyrics and I love how good the bass lines are. If it were stolen I'd buy it back. If you've heard of them our not I highly suggest picking this one up.