Awaken the Dreamers review by All Shall Perish

• Released: Sep 16, 2008
All Shall Perish: Awaken the Dreamers

This record absolutely blows me away. The musicianship and maturity on this record is unreal. They took "deathcore" a step forward. Not changing who they are, they kept with the same brutal blast beats, breakdowns, and brutal vocals, but added so much more as well. The melodies on this record are beautiful. The guitar work is mind blowing. Some of the craziest stuff I've heard in a while. And how about singing parts?? This is all-in-all a great metal record.

All Shall Perish has always had good lyrics. They stray away from basic tough guy lyrics. Most of the lyrics have some political meaning, or deep personal meaning. This records seems to be no exception to that. Vocally, the only real change from The Price of Existence is the added singing parts. They're very good. Kind of reminds me of Opeth to a degree. There's not a whole lot of singing, but it's right where it needs to be. Very well done on it.

Overall this is one of the best records to come out this year. A lot of bands this year seem to be taking steps backwards with their music, changing their sound completely, or putting out practically the same record. All Shall Perish definitely took a huge step forward in my eyes. This should bring them closer to front of the metal scene. My favorite song on the record is the title track, Awaken The Dreamers. There is so much in this song. Brutality, melody, singing, guitar solos, gnarly bass runs and great drumming, as always. The complete package in a song. Great record.

PierreNightmare
    one of my favorite records this year. They have their heavy album "Price of Exsistance" and now they have a very diverse album "Awaken" And!!! They're the first american band to play in Siberia! thats crazy....
    FullMetalMayhem
    f*ck yea this album is sick! a huge progression that was a little risky (strays a little from older stuff), but it was also soo bold and beautiful! the guitar work has improved IMMENSELY in this album (vocals too)..awesome awesome job. hope to see more of all shall perish in years to come.