Hate, Malice, Revenge review by All Shall Perish

• Released: Apr 19, 2005
All Shall Perish: Hate, Malice, Revenge

I really love this band, and boy do these guys know how to lay out some good guitar work. They have heart pounding breakdowns along with very heavy guitar, but yet it's still intricate and melodic. This band is probably ahead of the game in the genre of "metalcore" but they also have heavy death metal, hardcore, metal and everthing in between influences. It's really hard to catagorize them with most metalcore bands that around now because they are like 8374526 times better than most of those talentless musicians. I saw them play a show not too long ago and they just destroyed every other band playing that night, they have great stage presence along with great music, it made for one killer night.

The lyrics appear to be well written and they work with the songs very well, their topics are pretty much what you would expect from any band in this genre. The vocals are really brutal death metally growls and screaming, it just sunds absolutely amazing with the music.

This CD is amazing, and I don't think I could choose a favorite song because all of them are so different, they really don't stick to the same sound through the whole CD, and that's what makes me love them even more. So all of them are damn good. The only thing that I didn't like was this CD is relatively short, and the prodcuction quality could be better. But, if this CD were stolen or lost I would hesitate to go out and buy it again. Many people haven't heard this band but if you're into that "core influenced death metal" then you might wanna check them out.

uspsteve
    PierreNightmare
    This cd was good but as soon as Chris Storey came into the picture they became a whole lot better, he completes the band.
    DeathThrash007
    uspsteve wrote: ASP is a good alternative if you don't have any Nile or Cannibal Corpse albums. Cool sound.
    I'm a huge fan of Brutal Death Metal, and I love Cannibal Corpse and Nile. Usually I don't really like Deathcore, but All Shall Perish are one of the few Deathcore bands that are actually talented.