The Price Of Existance review by All Shall Perish

• Released: Aug 8, 2006
All Shall Perish: The Price Of Existance

To be simple: the whole band has amazing talent. I must mention the bass solo in "There Is No Business To Be Done On A Dead Planet", The drum work on "Prisoner Of War", vocals on "Wage Slaves", and Guitar into on "We Hold These Truths". Amazing. 01. Eradication - a great opener to a great album. The only question I have to ask, is how the hell do they play so fast? Especially the sweep scale that is always being reprized, that no one can seem to figure out on this site. Vocal range is amazing. 02. Wage Slaves - my favorite on the album. Eddie really pushes his throat to the breaking point, and it gives it a great little touch with a monster breadown for an outro. On the downside, there's really nothing special about this song. It's just pretty much a long breakdown, and an awesome breakdown at that. 03. The Day Of Justice - strong influences of metalcore here. The china cymbol at the beginning is like a siren, warning you of battle. What I'm saying, is that this song is great from start to finish, including harmonies, and a good amount of a "bree bree" thing goin' on. 04. No Business To Be Done On A Dead Planet - again, the lyrics have an actual meaning to them. Also, insane Drumming from Mike (as always). I mentioned the bass solo, and if you see it live, your face will not be intact after it. Only thing to say is that the song is very short, coming in just over 3 minutes. 05. Better Living Through Catastrophe - this is one of the few songs I haven't listened to much. The middle of this song is a metal masterpiece, with the small harmonies, and attention to detail in the drumming. 06. Prisoner Of War - the beginning shows that All Shall Perish can be very melodic, and know when to switch it up. When the band kicks in, the dualing guitar parts can really get you going. And finally, when Eddie gives his growl, I don't want to be anything, but punch babies. It's that good. 07. Greyson - Ben Orum's son was named for this song, and it is absolutly beautiful. Again, guitar harmonies give you something to listen for. No vocals in this one, which adds to this epic ballad. Then an almost jazzy solo kicks in. Again, short song. Only about 2 and a half minutes. 08. We Hold These Truths - Taken From The Declaration Of Independence, believe it or not. The guitarists switch it up a bit, by ditching the typical chugging riff. And I must say that the beginning leads you the think that these men are very well educated when it comes to music. 09. The True Beast - another one I haven't gotten the time for really. Insane amount of double bass. Amazingly Heavy. Definatly buying on iTunes soon. Again, short. Barely over 3 and a half minutes. 10. Promises - mixed feelings about this one. When the vocals come in, it sounds very bare with the guitar parts. Very simple. In my opinion, it almost sounds rushed. 11. The Last Relapse - one word: beatiful. The Snare roll just adds so much to it, and leads it the orchestra and piano parts, followed by a male choir and Eddie singing and screaming. Very well done. Even includes an acoustic (yes, acoustic) section in the middle. I love how even after this song gets heavy, the piano is still present. Great ending song too.

I was suprised to find that this is one of the only heavy bands with good lyrics, with and actual meanins. "Wage Slaves" is pretty obvious, and the lyrics state things like "they have turned our falure into what they mean". Eddie has really outdone himself.

Overall Impression, buy this CD. ASP is definatly a different bread of metal, deathcore, death metal, whatever you want to call it. They are different, in the sense that they know so much about music in general, and can make it heavy when they want to. If it were lost or stolen, I would sit and cry.

PierreNightmare
    If you guys liked the first two albums a little heads up, the new one comes out September 16th!!! Check out youtube type in All Shall Perish Pre-Production and laugh your ass off. enjoy Spread The Disease!!!
    wertaw
    guys the new album is out on limewire, price of existence was an amazing album, awaken the dreamers realy is special
    Phe4rTheGod
    skate_guitar wrote: Black-Goat wrote: all shall perish is one of my favorite bands! they kick ass =)! this new album definitely is better than hate,malice,revenge DarthKarth : x0rsist wrote: Best metalcore band atm! they aren't metalcore. if they're any core they're deathcore. but they're really just technical death metal. atm = all that remains =S! asp = all shall perish x)! that guy doesnt mention that asp was metalcore xD! u need to read more man! lol dude im pretty sure atm is at the moment... atr is all that remains.
    Glad that someone pointed this out...
    tamotots
    DarthKarth wrote: x0rsist wrote: Best metalcore band atm! they aren't metalcore. if they're any core they're deathcore. but they're really just technical death metal.
    Tech death my ass. These guys are nothing compared to real tech death. They're deathcore. Not saying i don't like them. I love them.