This Is Where It Ends review by All Shall Perish

• Released: Jul 29, 2011
All Shall Perish: This Is Where It Ends

This album is awesome. ASP have the deathcore tag but with the release of "This Is Where It Ends", they show sheer thrash talent mixed with very well played death metal. Anybody that listens to or plays metal has to recognize the outrageous talent of the musicianship. Francesco and Ben are insanely awesome guitar players. The drummer is a monster and everything is well played and very tight. I can't believe anybody that likes metal would not love this album!

The songs are well executed and bring back memories of Old School metal. ASP have a similar sound to Testament from back in the day. And they are from the bay area in CA. "This Is Where It Ends" is chock full death metal/deathcore/thrash and nothing here send out of place. My Retaliation opens with... "I hope to see you f**king diiiiiieee!" Maybe a new metal anthem. Brutality comes in different forms here. Short bursts the song "Spineless" and longer more varied brutality in "The Past Will Haunt Us Both". The closer, "In This Life Of Pain" has an awesome piano-laden intro and finishes the album nicely.

There really is nothing here that sucks. Some of the standouts are "My Retaliation" and "Into This Life Of Pain", but again, no losers here. I am not sure if you can pin the deathcore tag on this band. This album has a more thrash/ death metal feel to it. I love this whole CD from front to back and I would definitely buy it again of it was lost. If they are labeled as deathcore they are miles ahead of their peers. ASP is going to tour with Whitechapel and Hatebreed and I believe they are as good as either of.those bands. Better than most of the recent "core" releases. These guys should be kicking our asses for a long time to come.