...For We Are Many review by All That Remains

• Released: Oct 12, 2010
All That Remains: ...For We Are Many

All That Remains is back with another album, following up Overcome. My first impression on this album started with the song Now Let Them Tremble, it is a minute and 23 seconds long and is just about all guitar riffs, and it leads directly into the second song, For We Are Many. Their style is generally the same as Overcome, but just very slightly lighter, most noticeable in the drums as they are not as powerful as previous albums. Although I enjoy the album some people may disagree due to the very slight change of heaviness. Oh, and they're single Hold On, is arguably the best song on the album. As usual, excellent guitar riffs and a variance between songs as song are pretty light like The Last Time, while some include heavy lyrics like Some Of The People, All Of The Time. The song Wont Go Quietly has an odd guitar solo towards the end considering their style of music, but the song itself is good. All That Remains has still got it.

Not a lot to say about the lyrics, they are pretty solid and sung with the same intensity as other albums. Its great to hear Phil Labontes slightly raspy voice, very unique and defiantly worth hearing. Heavy verses with melodic chorus`s make All That Remains the metalcore band that it is.

My overall impression is good, I enjoyed most songs on the album except they did change a little bit as in the lighter drums and more growling and also an odd guitar solo (considering their genre I mean). But all in all it is an excellent album and defiantly worth the buy but in my opinion, it is not as good as Overcome as Overcome was consistently good for every song while For We Are Many deviates slightly from song to song, sometimes its a heavy song and sometimes is a bit lighter. It was released today (October 12th, 2010 North America). I gave it an overall rating as a 9 which might be a bit high, but its all about personal preference. If you are debating on whether or not you should buy it, go listen to any of their more recent albums and if you like that, you will like For We Are Many.