A War You Cannot Win Review

artist: All That Remains date: 11/08/2012 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

All That Remains: A War You Cannot Win
Released: Nov 6, 2012. Genre: Metalcore. Label: Prosthetic, Razor & Tie. Number Of Tracks: 12. This is without a doubt an All That Remains album. They seem to have stepped it up from previous releases.
 6.7
 7.7
 5.7
 2,168
review (1) 40 comments vote for this album:
A War You Cannot Win Reviewed by: crazyflamey, on november 08, 2012

Sound: I have been a fan of this band for a couple of years. I still remembered when "For We Are Many" came out, which was different from their previous releases but in my opinion a solid album. It is true that All That Remains is less heavy than they were in their earlier releases, but I personally think they now have a sound that works out. A "War You Cannot Win" gives the same vibes as their previous release "For We Are Many". The album has it's moments of heavy, more old school All That Remains, but mostly consist of moments like "For We Are Many". It seems like they have found their sound and sticked with it, in my opinion, it works. Memorable riffs, memorable choruses and well placed breakdowns make the album what it is. // 8

Lyrics: All That Remains lyrics have never really been of top notch writing, but they manage their way through the riffs and some seem to stick. The singing is very similar to previous releases. // 7

Overall Impression: This is without a doubt an All That Remains album. They seem to have stepped it up from previous releases. If you like their previous album "For We Are Many", I would definitely recommend this album. // 8

Comments