The Fall of Ideals review by All That Remains

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
All That Remains: The Fall of Ideals

All That Remains is a very talented band, though, not very unique. A lot of riffs on this album are clear variations of something Metallica or Slayer would do. And there are some riffs and chord progressions that are similar to other bands out right now. Such as, Shadows Fall and Lamb of God. But they are a great band, I think they just need to be a little bit more creative and diverse. They have a great guitar sound though. A disgusting and thick underlaying rhythym combined with a creamy and smooth lead track that sounds awesome. they're music is fst and they have a bad-ass drummer to keep up with it. They're drummer is amazing and has a very unique style when it comes to fills and bridge rhythyms. And you can hear a shit load of extremely fast double bass mayhem! So overall the music is very great but lacking in originality in my opinion.

The singer of this band is amazing. He has the widest rabge I've ever heard. From grindcore growls and howls to metal screams and yells to smooth melodies and vast note changes, this is a VERY well skilled and talented singer. The lyrics seem to follow a certain trend on this album. Like a guy struggling with various problems but still prevails, never giving up and pulling through. Every song seems to be about the same thing and each have lyrics from another song on the album. But the sound and skill of Phil's voice makes up for that. An the lyrics definetly fit the music. Sad yet angry mixed with confusion and dissaray, it's awesome.

Compared to most artists out right now, ATR is a kick ass band who should definetly be heard. I would choose them over any other band on Fuse ad MTV. The best songs on the album are Not Alone, The Weak Willed, Six, The Air That I Breathe, We Stand. I would definetly buy this again if it were lost or stolen, great great album.