The Fall of Ideals review by All That Remains

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
All That Remains: The Fall of Ideals

This album sounds amazing, I mean really, it's fantastic. Although some of the riffs may seem repeated at times, there is definatley passion in the playing. Both guitarists have worked extremely hard to make sure that the listener gets the message of each song. The vocalist himself is also fantastic, mixing the deep screams/growls with the high ones, to amazing, heart-melting vocals.

The lyrics are also fantastic. Simple as. Most lyrics I find are about self worth and love. An example of a self-worth song would be "The Air That I Breathe". This song to me talks about how someone, despite past setbacks, is relentlessly trying to achieve their goal. "Whispers (I Hear You)" is one of the many "love" songs on the album. This song is about how a guy can love a girl so much that he is constantly thinking about them.

My overall impressions of this album is fantastic. My reccomendations for songs to listen to, are the following: Six, The Air That I Breathe, Whispers (I Hear You), Become the Catalyst, This Calling. My Only problem with the album, is that there aren't many softer songs, as in, an acoustic song here and there as some bands tend to do, to tone the album down for a massive finale. If you like bands like Killswitch Engage, you will love this band vocal-wise, and if you like technical fast playing guitar riffs like those shown by Protest the Hero, then you will indeed love this album.