The Fall of Ideals review by All That Remains

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
All That Remains: The Fall of Ideals

A great sounding album indeed, the first song I heard was "Six" and I just immediatelly got hooked on this band. It reminds me a lot of Killswitch Engage but on steroids of course, great guitars, amazing drummming and the vocals will blast your face a good 2 miles away. Every song on this album is just incredible, there's not a single one that's not worthy of a good headbang. One of the best metalcore cds I've heard in a long long time, it's so powerful and varied and overall it's just a great flowing mix of speed, technicallity and harmonization. Go buy it!

The lyrics fit in perfectly with the music with a dazzling blend of growls, screams and clean harmonious vocals. "Not Alone" and "This Calling" are prime examples of this scream/clean mix they use. The lyrics in themselves are badass, add insane guitars and blast beat, double bass helicopter drumming and well you have the music of the gods.

I like this album more then ATR's other one, it's just aah! It's unbelievable! All the songs on this album will blow your mind and they are all so varied and unique, I guess that's what makes this album so great, apart from the well built solos, the counterpoints, the vocals and the drumming that just makes it all so right. If it were lost or stolen I would definitelly run down and buy another one.

GothenburgFire
    Behind Silence and Solitude was the only ATR album that is melodic death metal, and the rest are metalcore. This Darkened and The Fall of Ideals disappointed me, I got bored listening to the album. However I listen to some songs from Overcome, it's sounds they're improving.
    xXcriesinvainXx
    I have a feeling overcome is going to be one of the sickest albums ever better than this cd and epic as hell but it does dissappoint me that before the damned and relinquish are less than 3 minutes long but chiron is amazing
    Pr0teZT
    I absolutely love this CD! Though, I'd like to say that I read some of the Scar Symmetry - All That Remains posts, and those 2 bands are totally NOT comparable. I prefer Scar Symmetry because imo. the songwriting, atmosphere and musicianship is better, but I kinda' listen to this CD more =].
    greenz
    I hope that all the haters know that music is relative. All that remains have a decent sound and a good vocalist with dynamics in there work. rather than obsessing on how generic it may or may not be is irrelevant. it all depends if they can evoke the emotions that the songs are intended for. and can it create mosh pits! there are always gonna be bands better than other bands because WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT! Its only for our love of music which makes us the same.
    mtllica
    I love this album, especially the instrumental work (specifically the solo in Indictment, ohhhh my god...) The vocals are amazing as well, although I'd have to agree that they don't do too much for the metalcore genre lol
    Killerlicks66
    Fu*ckin great album, good shit song after song, o and for the record im really horny so i gotta say titty fu*ckin heather locklear and then having megan fox riding me would just about compare to how this album made me feel! hahahahaha damn i kill myself1
    Timoros
    This album along with Trivium's Ascendancy was my insparation and made me what I am now! METAL-FU***NG-COOORE! A perfect 10 from me!
    DanRocks3000
    absolutely brutal album, i love it. The perfect mix of heavy riffs, complex solos, catchy vocals and punishing double bass. seriously though, all this sub-genre crap pisses me off, this is metal... some ****ing heavy shit at that, so leave it as is.
    special_kae_911
    I dedicated a whole month of my life to this album when it was released, and still to this day I find myself listening to it as if it were the first time.