This Darkened Heart review by All That Remains

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
All That Remains: This Darkened Heart

This CD is very good. I love the guitar work and am very impressed by the guitar solos. they have greatly matured since their last CD. This CD contains guitar work that other bands in this genre could only dream of producing. The vocals have also gotten better, phil's screams aren't the best out there, but they fit the music and he has an absolutely amazing clean singing voice. So if you're a fan of metalcore then this is a deffinite must have.

The lyrics are very well written and you can tell that it all comes from the heart. Like I said before, Phil has an amazing clean singing voice and it just can't be topped by many. Seriously.

If you like Killswitch Engage, then you're bound to like this band, but in my opinion, ATR are musically 983215421 times better than KSE. the most impressive songs are the opening track, "And Death In My Arms" and "Vicious Betrayal" also "Tattered On My Sleeve" contains a epic solo. The only complaints I have on this CD are that it is very short, but even so it is a absolute perfect ten metal album. If someone were to steal this from me I wouldnt hesitate to buy another copy, or I'd hunt them down, pound the living crap out of them and get my CD back. Either way the CD is worth buying. And if I lost this CD, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Honestly people, go buy this and save your self from all of the crap music that is being produced. This is the good stuff.