This Darkened Heart review by All That Remains

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
All That Remains: This Darkened Heart

Great sound! I listen to all kinds of stuff like this music, bands like: Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, Arch Enemy. All That Remains sounds like a mix of those bands, but they still sound original, especially their solo's. If you like good metal, not like Slipknot and if you like great solo's grunting and a little bit of singing, ull love all that remains.

I don't care about lyrics, they are like all other metal bands, death and destruction etc. If you want lyrics listen to hip-hop with your homies, this music is far beyond lyrics.

As I said they sound like a great mix of all those good bands, but you wont recognise any of their sounds, it's really a good original fresh band, with awesome solos. Some tracks are less techinical then others, I like the technical ones, with breaks, lots of solos and acoustic breaks, and some singing. The others are fine too, though, this album is worth buying. I'm really looking forward to their next album. If it were stolen I wouldn't really care since I've ripped the tracks on my PC and I can make an audio-CD of those anytime.

TFK_62
    Just bought this cd the other day, and it's amazing. Not quite as good as The Fall of Ideals, but that just shows that they improved. Can't wait for their new one in... September?
    jak_daniels
    cries in vain is right. ill be straight i listen to EVRYTHING but by far, metalcore, punk,and screamo take the cake. and dude, seriously, if your gona diss a band that bad thats awsome, i seriously hate to see what you would say about, the backstreet boys, newkids on the block, etc. other then that. these guys ****ing rock. just like the review sayd everything is perfect, these guys didnt piss around when they made this cd. and you hardly ever see that anymore.