Nothing Personal review by All Time Low

• Released: Jul 10, 2009
All Time Low: Nothing Personal

Since this is another pop punk/ emo band the guitars and drums aren't expected to be too complicated and they're not, but they're catchy and thats the goal. There's a fair bit of synthesizers used throughout the album but they compliment the lyrical content. It's a little lighter than their past records but I'm guessing they were going for a more up-beat sing along type of feel. All in all, there really isn't anything new here, another bunch of songs that sound the same but since they all serve their purpose (putting a smile on someone's face) they all sound awesome.

Again, nothing different from most bands. They seem to have shifted their focus from angry, complaining lyrics about past love and depression to alcohol abuse and partying which is more up my alley. There's still a fair bit of references to girlfriends and break ups but from a different point of view. They speak of them with a "I don't care, I'm gonna get drunk" attitude. They use more profanity on this album than any of their others, but it still melds well with the lyrics subject matter and ideas in each song. I understand now why the songs "Weightless" and "Damned If I Do Ya" were released as singles since they're the two best.

There's a reason why this review is so short, it's because there's not much to say about this album. It's a repeat of their past works but with a more positive attitude. For me personally the best tracks are the two singles, "Break Your Little Heart" and "Stella" but I'm sure other people will find other songs enjoyable. This album is a fun, up-beat karaoke sing-fest but what's wrong with that sometimes? I found it worth my time but not worth the wait I had for it's release. If you need a "pick me up" then definitely pick this one up. Nothing Personal though.