So Wrong, It's Right review by All Time Low

• Released: Sep 25, 2007
All Time Low: So Wrong, It's Right

All Time Low's fourth studio effort, So Wrong It's Right has heart-pounding pop-punk emissions burgeoning with optimism and elating vibes. The vocals vaunt excitably along the energetic rhythms and zesty guitar flourishes. The music has a likeness to the pop-punk/Vans Warped Tour crowd of Boys Like Girls, Tokyo Rose, Mayday Parade, and Valencia. It's music that defines the times and wraps you up in it's dance-punk throbbing and frilly garland of guitars and zealously swung vocals. Singer Alex Gaskarth's vocals sling briskly over several bars of chords with complete abandonment. Guitarist Jack Barakat creates tumultuous fumes swigging the drum fills while bassist Zack Merrick and drummer Rian Dawson produce fervidly fat beats. Produced by Matt Squire (Panic! At The Disco, Daphne Love Derby, The Receiving End Of Sirens) and Paul Leavitt, the album heavily tips it's chord movements towards inciting fun in it's listener. The energy level on numbers like This Is How We Do, Let It Roll, and Poppin' Champagne feels like the wind blowing in your face and the sun on your back as you fly down the beach on a motorbike. The members of All Time Low may originally come from the Baltimore, Maryland area but they have an edgy So-Cal punk vibe running through their veins. The music is loaded with freeing agents that bind you from whatever is holding you down. The music has a youthful bounce and elating slopes that take the listener along for the ride even when they slow their levels down on the sentimental acoustic rock tune Remembering Sunday. So Wrong It's Right is an album you will want to take with you in your back pocket wherever you go.

The lyrics are about the four things that almost every adolescent centers their life around, sex, drinking, daydreaming, and friendships. Let It Roll winds all these themes into one song: Out here the hills roll on for miles/And the sun is like my own sense of direction/I'm always drawn to each horizon/When it's rising, when it sets/But all I think about is sex and playing one more game of six-cup in the backyard at The Wedge/I know I'll never die alone because of all of you/Take, take a breath/We've got all the time in the world to get a grip on the fact that we don't last/But right now I want to watch the tide roll in with my best friends. The lyrics pine over those happy moments in life and those that are bound to come.

A lot of songs have pop-punk moves on them that are archetypical of the genre, but some of the stand out moments are the gang vocals made by the band on the chorus parts for the track Stay Awake (Dreams Only Last For A Night) and the femininely sweet vocal harmonies of Juliet Simms on Remembering Sunday. All Time Low's latest release So Wrong it's Right is the band's follow up to their 2006 EP Put Up Or Shut Up and their two self-released studio efforts The Party Scene in 2004 and The Three Words To Be Remember In Dealing With The End in 2003. All Time Low will be finishing up 2007 on tour with Boys Like Girls and then starting up another round of shows in 2008.

CoHead
    A lot of the songs do sound alike, but it is still fun to listen to. The album should be called Remembering Sunday because that song just towers over the rest. Good CD