So Wrong, It's Right review by All Time Low

• Released: Sep 25, 2007
All Time Low: So Wrong, It's Right

This band clearly has a lot of potential and a lot of it shows through with this recording. Their sound can't really be classed as new, but it's certainly refreshing and slightly unique, I can't say completely unique because they sound like a mixture of Blink 182, Paramore, Fall Out Boy and others like them (a fact that is obvious through their Would Like to Thank section of the CD case). Even with the thought of other bands sounding like them, All Time Low only take the best aspects of today's bands and shape them into something new. In songs like This Is How We Do and Let It Roll, their talent for Pop-Punk-Revival music shows itself and blows you away for a while, at least. After a few tracks, you get used to the style and find yourself either at ease with the music or bored of it. It depends upon the listener's personality, I suppose. When you get to track 6 (Dear Maria, Count Me In), it's nice to hear the brilliant transition into Shameless, which is almost un-recognisable. There is an almost complete switch of styles with Remembering Sunday as most of it acoustic, with light drums and piano, only changing when it gets towards the end, becoming as heavy as the rest of the songs on the album (another nice transition, but within one song this time).

There are some great harmonies with the singer's vocals and the backing vocals, that can't be denied. But some tracks sound pretty similar to each other, vocal-wise. That's the only flaw with the singer's vocals, a flaw that I have often seen with Blink 182 (a band that, not surprisingly, is in their thank list). The lyrics themselves are pretty good, I think. Very catchy. Some of them don't make sense with the rest of the song. That's ok though, because (whilst you're listening to them) you're still either tapping your foot to the beat or singing along, not taking in the meaning of the words.

I like this album, which is something, because usually I dislike bands that sounds anything like the classic American punk-band persona (like, as you guessed, Blink 182). I can't guarantee that everyone will like it, but if you're a fan of the bands that I have mentioned or if you're a fan of pop-punk/punk revival music, then the chances are that you'll probably enjoy this album.

Robbie`
    crap? like everything else in this genre? I havent yet listened to any of their stuff, but you can't put down an entire genre of music because it doesent fit your tastes. If the world was filled with YOU, there wouldent even be a need for the word "genre". Everything would be the same, thus boring. Music is a form of expression &nobody should be put down for making the music that feels right to them.
    flash5253
    It's a pretty good album, I think personally. I've heard better, I've heard worse.
    ruler505
    Is there supposed to be a difference between this band, Fallout Boy, and a pile of shit?
    jpgilbert701
    sloppyjoe109
    they graduated high school in 2006. they landed their deal with hopeless records when they were seniors in high school. thats something to admire.
    ross1234
    If the world was filled with YOU, there wouldent even be a need for the word "genre". Everything would be the same, thus boring. No, there just wouldn't be anything like this.
    ipco9
    ummm soo... i was listening to this band on i tunes, like the demo, and i came to the conclusion that this band is horrible. They are no different then any other punk bad that has been ruining music for the last 3-4 years. They have no soul to they're music, and in all the samples, i thought it was all one song cause u have to admit they pretty much all sound the SAME !!!
    HurricaneSG
    I didnt know about em before this review and i must say I like this album pretty much
    ejscan1
    i love all these people putting them down when, theyve made it as a band, theyre a great band, nd this is the only website ive seen where people say nything bad about there personality, i loved the album 9.5 out of 10
    LydiaMusic
    alot of negative comments from really stupid people who do nothing but try to spread their own ideology about music. too bad everyone defines what good music is suppose to be. All time low is an amazing band imo and this cd is pretty solid.
    chapaton3
    i agree with lydiamusic. this is probably one of the best albums i have heard in a long time
    whitestrat279
    They aren't egotistical. They just act like it to be funny. Look up their interviews on youtube, they're pretty funny. If you're looking for some one who is egotistical who plays blink-182 music, try Tom Delonge.
    stuartini
    my friend goes on about this band. i saw a picture of them with their floppy fringes and cute faces and i judged the book by its cover - i expected emo-pop that appeals to anyone who bums fall out boy. that wasnt a criticism, cos i hadn't yet heard them, and i decided to give them a go. I heard 'Maria Count Me In' and they struck me as a band much like yellowcard but without the violin (the violin being yellowcards most redeeming feature) and not much memorable. I decided to check out another song, 'Six Feet Under the Stars' and to be honest it sounds exactly same as 'Dear Maria' so i gave up after that.
    gnarlyneeks101
    jpgilbert701 wrote: It's amazing how Hopeless can sign bands like The Human Abstract and then sign this thing....
    i know eh, its crazy how people can like TWO different types of music! .. douchebag
    ipco9
    ummm soo... i was listening to this band on i tunes, like the demo, and i came to the conclusion that this band is horrible. They are no different then any other punk bad that has been ruining music for the last 3-4 years. They have no soul to they're music, and in all the samples, i thought it was all one song cause u have to admit they pretty much all sound the same!!!
    anguz_young
    this is a great album by a top band.put up or shut up is better than this but this album definatly shows what all time low are capable of.they better get 2 aus soon
    EG_Noob
    this is an awesome, my fave song is Remembering Sunday, It rocks!!!!
    rockmachine666
    punk pop. uh-uh. i'm not even trying that again. Simple Plan is labeled as punk-pop, and that's never worked for me. i'm outta here.
    mrryan
    the only reason i clicked this was to hopefully find out the answer to benkarton's question
    The-13roken
    haha I don't think emo is a genre! very few bands even admit that they are an emo band so how do we know what emo is?
    masternk
    Hahaha. ATL. These guys are from my town. It's pretty interesting that when I first got involved with my local music scene years ago, these guys were nobody. Now they've made a name for themselves. I personally cannot stand them, but respect the fact they've done so well.
    maidenpriest69
    these guys went to my high school and they were the biggest faggs i knew both of their guitarists suck and they are riding the bandwagon of homos in the yes (worst term ever and a big ****ing oxymoron too) pop-punk scene
    nasty89
    on their website it shows them hugging each other while wearing their undies, what in the hell? and another picture of them eating bananas, I'm pretty sure they are gay.
    SeanHart213
    was wondering if this was another one of those gay pride bands that have been popping up everywhere.... apparently it is. its a releif to see so many people with common sense though. after all, we all are guitar players here lol (i wonder about the fans of this band though....)
    NocturnalFlesh
    Ivory_Soul
    These guys make me sick. They are obviously clueless as to who they are. I guess they haven't hit that stage yet. Usually we do when we're teens but these guys obviously haven't even matured yet. I hate guys like these they're not cute or funny...they're setting low standards for everyone. Well if you can get lower then them then you've beaten their record!
    RainBeforeDawn5
    whoever wrote that headline is a twat...seriously?!? just surrender and Mayday Parade?!?! can u name one song on either of those cds that sounds even comparible to All Time Lows fast punky whiny songs...i really doubt it...BAD COMPARISON
    ross1234
    th.e picture on the UG homepage mad me laugh. they look absolutely crap
    RageAgainst...
    NocturnalFlesh wrote: Heh... I'm from their town. I remember my band was playing with these guys a few years ago in Phoenix, MD. They acted like total dicks towards us.
    yea i live around where they're from too, everyone at my school thinks that are the greatest band ever just because they're local...i've met them 5 or 6 times at local venues and things like that and i realized that they are the most egotistical people i've ever been around...they're complete *****s and look down on every other band from around the area...i really dislike them as people
    ruler505
    Lol they must think they are all big and bad posing in underwear on their album cover. Too bad they are total crap, just like every other band in this genre. When will people be awakened from a sleep of ignorance and listen to REAL music again?
    GuitaPlaya
    1/10. God, I listened to their myspace, it's absolutely terrible. Distinct sound? Give me a ****ing break, every "pop-punk" (worst term ever) sounds just like them. If you wanna hear a great new band check out Giddy Motors. http://www.myspace.com/giddymotors It'll kick your ass!
    SoWrongItsMatt
    I liked the Party Scene and 3 Words a lot better than either Put up or shut up or So Wrong it's Right. But, as my username suggests, I liked the album good enough.