So Wrong, It's Right review by All Time Low

• Released: Sep 25, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 5.7 Decent
All Time Low: So Wrong, It's Right

So Wrong, It's Right has some decent guitar chord intros and maybe some nice keyboard, but it's pretty repetitive and I've heard the vocal style on every other new record for the past year and a half. We don't need any more diet blink-182 bands. I don't think I've heard a single actual riff on this album. Maybe on the song Let It Roll.

The lyrics are pretty good in a few songs, including Stay Awake and Remembering Sunday, but other than that it's the same old thing with a high-school friends, girlfriends hanging out theme. Alex Gaskarth has potential as a singer, but doesn't show it so much on this album. The guest singer on Remembering Sunday has a beautiful voice however.

I'd say this is like a watered down Boys Like Girls. I really really liked Remembering Sunday, Holly and Stay Awake. I love that they managed to fit a few gems into this mediocre record, but I absolutely hate the repetitiveness. I sometimes don't know if I'm listening to one song or another, with 3 power chords and two progressions. If I lost this album, I would probably download the songs I want off of iTunes and leave it at that.

uiop21
    I agree, The Party Scene was their best album. Put Up or Shut Up was better than So Wrong, It's Right, but still not as good as The Party Scene. Now, I just feel like they've sold out.
    Just_Me92
    I agree that there are a few awesome tracks in So Wrong its Right and All Time Low just keep coming up tunage/lyrics (Poppin Champagne and Weightless for example). However, I do think their old stuff is out of this world.