Just Like You review by Allison Iraheta

• Released: Dec 1, 2009
Allison Iraheta: Just Like You

The sound is very organic, with songs ranging from soft pop to hard rock, sure to please everyone. Allison Iraheta finished fourth on American Idol, and fans worried that this rare talent wouldn't have the opportunity to make music. Soon after, however, she was signed to Jive and it was announced an album, Just Like You, would be released December 1st. Fans of Kelly Clarkson, Pink and Paramore are sure to find something to enjoy on the album!

The lyrics are actually quite creative. Some of the songs are generic but there are a few that will really surprise the audience. There are heartfelt ballads with moving lyrics (e.g. Scars, Trouble Is) as well as upbeat, in-your-face tracks (e.g. Beat Me Up, You Don't Know Me, Just Like You). The lyrics are sure to get you singing along!

As an Idol debut album, it most certainly rocks. The most impressive songs on the album, in my opinion, are Scars, D is for Dangerous as well as Don't Waste The Pretty. Allison even co-wrote one of the songs herself, You Don't Know Me which is reminiscent of Kelly Clarkson's Since U Been Gone. If it were stolen or lost, I would certainly repurchase the album. Make sure you pick up a copy!

rowdyryan2005
    JayLacelle
    i've never really liked the way american idol works but you can't deny they have a good way of finding talented people.
    Geo.~
    And I thought I was gonna be the first Iraheta to have a real chance at making it big lol
    blueboxdoctor
    paramore's still better and it's not worthy of a 9, but most stuff isn't, though coming from American Idol it's definitely one of their higher points. she was the best one on the show as i recall, not adam who tries to do publicity what nots to be popular. the problem i have with her voice is that it sounds strained at times, idk, it might not be, but IMO it sounds like it is. still, a step in the right direction for Idol.
    dark_rider92
    dark_rider92
    dark_rider92 wrote: rowdyryan2005 wrote: I can't stand musical snobs so I was unbiased while listening to this, and I really liked it. Way better voice than Hayley from Paramore. that's cuz Hayley from Paramore can't sing worth a damn. i have listened to her over and over and over and OVER and i have decided that she is, by far, the absolute worst singer i've ever heard on a mainstream-release CD. hell, that Jonas Brother is better...
    IMHO.
    Multi-Talented
    i think that it was great! for a runner up of american idol! not even the runner up! i thought that allison has a beautiful and unique voice