Blackbird review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Oct 9, 2007
Alter Bridge: Blackbird

The majority of Alter Bridge's debut release 'One Day Remains' was written by Mark Tremonti himself while still with Creed. Whileas this record has the full integregation of Myles Kennedy as a songwriter and guitar player. And you can tell as this CD demands it's role in Alternative Rock and Hard Rock music and 'Rise Today' has proved that as it sits at #10 on The Billboard Top Mainstream Rock Tracks only to move further up upon the release of this masterpeace and the 'Rise Today' music video. What you have here is history in itself, best defined. This album truely has spectacular sound. Heavy, yet catchy riffs, beautifal clean riffs and licks and most of all, devistating and innovative guitar solos provided by both Mark Tremonti and Myles Kennedy. I look for to this album's sucess.

Myles Kennedy has taken the role of writing the lyrics on this cd. And seeing how his views are about the same as Tremonti's, it's not at all a problem. What you do hear in these lyrics, on the other hand, is some curse words not heard in almost all of Creed and in Alter Bridge. Just some d-words in some songs, nothing huge but nothing Creed or 'One Day Remains' ever elaborated on. Though the creativity and change on this hand is couragious and forwarding, it's cramped my style a little. But nontheless, the lyrics hear are very uplifting and compassionate.

This album, in my mind, has soared over 'One Day Remains' and, in a sense, over any of the Creed albums. Though you can't help but love thier first single 'Rise Today' as I still do. Blackbird, the song, is the song of Alter Bridge's career thus far. It provides everything you could ask for as far as rock songs go. As I love the entire, of coarse, I like some songs over others. Going from best to least-best Blackbird, Rise Today, Ties That Bind, Watch Over You, Come To Life, Brand New Start, Coming Home, Wayword One, Buried Alive, White Knuckles, Break Me Down, One By One, Before Tomorrow Comes. I love the new heavy trio of Creed, but I do miss some of the melody they left behind hence this album. But that's about the only dissapiont. I'm purchasing five copies of the album, and I would buy five more if they all were stolen or destroyed. Long live the legend if Alter Bridge.