Blackbird review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Oct 9, 2007
Alter Bridge: Blackbird

Amazing, Mark Tremonti is on top form with his guitar again. All the members are really playing a big part in this album in comparison to the previous, "One Day Remains". You can really hear Brian Marshall in most of the songs, the most prominent of which being blackbird, in which he adds a whole different feel to a riff that would simply have reapeated itself. The title track, Blackbird, was inspired by a friend who had passed away just as the song writing process had finished.

Myles Kennedy, singer, really shows off his voice in this album. Incredible vocal range that is put to it's fullest use. Some people would say that the lyrics are common to modern day rock and metal/Punk bands; that of overcoming pain, sorrow and loniless. He sings about general concerns of the planet and not just of one man. Sounds brilliant though.

This album outstrips that of other modern hard rock bnads. However, for the more "metalheads" among us, this would not suit you, as the tracks are simply not that heavy. The order of the songs affects the way the listener reacts. Switching from the beautifully melodic and calming "Watch over you" to the heavier rock riffs of "Break Me Down" gives the listener. You lose concentration while listening to "Watch Over You" and drift off and are suddenly brought back down to earth by the fast drum fill intro of Break Me Down. The same affect occurs when "Blackbird" switches from the beautiful acoustic outro riff to the heavy guitar intro of "One By One". Yes, I would buy it again!

ironman316
    look at that... it's such an amazing album that they've put it up here twice in less than a month! haha. best cd of 2007.
    Jondy
    bejums wrote: i don't know if i want them to explode onto the popular scene...its kinda cool without having my favorite band being overplayed and ruined on the radio...
    so do what I did, completely give up the radio. Pandora>radio anyways.
    CSUTremonti777
    Yeah its pretty sweet being a part of a fairly small community that is so passionate about one band. I cant freakin wait to see them live!
    VenOmega
    I know that it was made way at the top of the comments section but I seriously have to respond to the jackass who compared Emo with Death Metal. Dude...you're saying that Nile is in the same vein as Emo. Honestly man, you're dumb as hell. Get off this site. That said, this album is awesome and anyone who plays guitar can appreciate it.
    kirk_tremonti
    @kmchipower Listen to Opeth for instance, your opinion about death metal will change. There are many other good bands Nile and Arch Enemy. Ah.. but eventually you get bored... except Opeth Can't wait to get this album.
    Jheds11
    who is the ***** who wrote a book as a comment and non of it made any sense go to hell ETERNAL_ONE Tremonti rocks black bird is the shit