One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

Being that Alter Bridge is mostly the members of Creed except for Scott Stapp, one would not be suprised to hear the same Creed sounds. I can compare this album more towards the My Own Prison than any of the other Creed albums. Mark Tremonti brings on the mad skills that he's always possessed in this album with amazing solos, crunchy rythems and also sweet melodies. Brian Marshall is also at his best as he adds very catchy bass lines. Scott "Flip" Phillips does an excellent job as being a drummer who can be so versatile and keep the drum fills gooing! Myles Kennedy reminds me of a singer from an 80's metal band, like Iron Maiden or Judist Priest, but with more power behind his voice while still being able to get the sweet highs and lows.

The lyrics are more of picking your self up after being knocked down and realizing what's important in life, and others too. Mark does a lot more vocals than he's ever done and also has a song he wrote in the loving memory of his mother who passed away a year or so ago. Pushing on after heart ache and pain are most of what is brung up in this album. Myles Kennedy is very good at what he does, and that's expressing the lyrics well. I felt what he was singing and I hope everyone does.

I'm just gonna say this and get it out of the way. Mark's my guitar hero and where ever he decides to go in his career I will support him and so far, he's done damn good. This album is one I would buy again if I lost it. It could be everyone at their peak or it could be them just getting started. "Find The Real" is a very catchy song with a lot of guitar work behind that makes me want to pick up a guitar and play. "Open Your Eyes," the band's first single, has the craziest and fastest solo I ever heard that goes right along with the melody. "One Day Remains" reminds me of 80's metal and has some fast guitar riffs along with some crazy vocals. "Metalingus" is one heavy song with some crazy drumming and thrashing that makes you want to bang your head along! This is an album worth buying and I don't say that just because I'm a hardcore Tremonti fan, but because it is!