One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

Honestly, I wasn't expecting Creed with a different singer. Although you can hear that "Creed" sound on this CD, this isn't Creed. It is heavier than Creed, with alot of things that Mark Tremonti wanted to do in Creed, but didn't. The album covers alot of ground, from the heavy rocker "Watch Your Words" to the slower ballad "Burn It Down". This is album Tremonti wanted to make.

The lyrics aren't as spritiual as a Creed record, mainly because Scott Stapp isn't doing the writing. All the lyrics and melodies are excellent, and it makes me wonder who wrote the majority of lyrics in Creed. Mark Tremonti, said he wasn't much of a lyricist, but he does an outstanding job here.

I'm sure alot of the music on this album would have been on the next Creed record had it come out. However, that doesn't hurt this album. Myles Kennedy is an excellent singer, and covers alot of vocal ground with his style. He sounds more like Chris Cornell than Stapp. Having Brian Marshall back doesn't hurt either. There are few bassist that can keep up with Mark Tremonti, and Marshall is one of them. Scott Phillips shows why he is one of the top 5 drummers out there today. I recommend this album to anyone that likes modern rock. And if I lost it, I would buy another copy.