One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

I must say that Mark Tremonti has really improved over the four year hiatus since Creed's weathered cd. There are alot more guitar solos on this album, all of which include some pretty fats fretwork. Brian Marshall once again shows his skill as a bassist, and Scott Phillips has gotten a whole lot faster as a drummer. There is a seemingly noticeable pattern in the music. however, which is somewhat of a drag, but overall everything comes out great. And Myles' Kennedy's skill as a vocalist is amazing; his voice is very emotional and thought provoking, which contributes greatly to the band.

The lyrics of this album are all good. The only lyrics I don't like are the ones from In Loving Memeory and Burn It Down. One Day Remains is an excellent choice for a title song, as the lyrics are some of the best I have ever read. And Myles Kennedy's voice really manages to make the lyrics seem better.

Overall I was very impressed with this album. It's not Creed, no, but Alter Bridge is really high up there on my list right now. You would think that they could not match up to Creed but Alter Bridge does a great job. And truthfully, they can't be compared to Creed because they have a totally different style. Over all this album is great, with a number of good songs, and I would definitely recommend buying it.