One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

From from the bone crunching opening riff of "Find The Real" I listened to this album and cant seem to stop. The opening song has the elements you wished you could hear more of on Creed's "Weathered" on songs like "Bullets" and "Freedom Fighter." Thankfully, there are more blistering Mark Tremonti solos as well, which are absolutely killer. Then on songs like "In Loving Memory" Tremonti shows a rare gift in giving a life into guitar intros. They have such a retro 80's metal sound with a more respectable musical quality that is absolutely breathtaking.

Many of the lyrics on this album are about life's redemption, which relate to almost anyone. However with this, you arent hearing creed's seemingly pretentions evangelism in it. They focus much on being happy with one'self. Also, on tracks like "In Loving Memory" and "Watch Your Words" Tremonti's gift for lyrical poetry is finally taking shape. Myles Kennedy voice is a breath of fresh air for rock and roll. His vocal range is simply astonishing. From the hair raising screams at the end of "Find The Real" to the almost un-natural hight notes in "Down To My Last" Kennedy already cements himself as a singer with absolutely amazing vocals and singing charisma.

Overall impression, many bands could honestly not play in the same room as these guys. Drums, Bass, Guitar and Vocals they are some of the best in the modern world. "Down To My Last" I believe is still my favorite song in this album from its catchy melody to its searing guitar solo. "Find The Real" also is a bonafied genius rock song, and is to me the perfect song. I love everything about this band. If it isn't perfect, the lyrics could veer off a bit just from self redemption. I recommend this to anyone who misses rock and roll.