One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

Don't let the fact that three of the members of Alter Bridge are former Creed members drive you away from a destined classic. "One Day Remains" is a brilliant CD with some of the best musicians of today. Alter Bridge's music in general is much heavier than Creed's was, yet it still keeps the melodic aspects wonderfully. This CD covers all aspects of true rock from the loud and raunchy "Metallingus" (it has to be hard rock to have that name), to the slow amazing ballad of "In Loving Memory." Mark Tremonti is one of the most underappreciated guitarists of his time, and his always recognizable sound and true talent is showcased in this CD.

The lyrics of Alter Bridge still have a slight Christian belief in the faith department, yet they don't shove it down your throught. It's subtle. Besides, the lyrics make no difference when you hear the amazing voice of Myles Kennedy (formely of Mayfield Four). He is in my top ten of all time vocalists after only hearing one CD. His abilities shine in every song, whether hard and fast, or slow and steady, he is unreal. His techniques make you feel the emotion backing the songs.

There are no other Alter Bridge albums to compare to this one, yet I see this as only oppurtunity for more great records. The first song, "Find The Real," is one of my favorite harder ones. It is very well written and Myles' vocals are phenominal, as always. My favorite ballad is the formally mentioned "In Loving Memory." This deals with the loss of someone close, obviously. I hits the right spot even if you haven't had this unfortunate experience, it makes you feel as though you have. The only drawback I have is that the number of ballads easily outnumbers that of others. Overall however, this is and amazing CD and an essential in any rock fan's library.