One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

I've always been a big fan of Matk Tremonti's guitar work. The music is surprisingly original and very far from the Creed sound (not that there's anything wrong with Creed). They are recorded with remarkable quality. I like it alot cause it's like a new genre on it's own. Almost like alt. metal and heavy rock.

The lyrics are only as good as the voice behind them. Myles K.'s tenor voice gives them a real clear and humble meaning. The lyrics to the songs are very story like. Broken Wings is the story of over coming fears and controvery I think, while a song like Metalingus is a song about reckoning and experiencing something new. Myles kicks wicked ass. He's like god.

I listen to Alice In Chains a lot and I listen to them and this frequently. I have 2 favorite songs from this CD, Broken Wings and The End Is Here. I love the CD 'cause there's never a dull moment and because Mark Tremonti isn't the only guitarist in the band. Myles plays twang box as well. I hate that they haven't posted on their website when they're making a new CD happen. I actually ripped it to iTunes but for sentimental sake yes I would buy it again.