One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

This album, although it has it's similarities, is pretty different from Creed's sound. Some of the riffs are faster and more complicated (Metalingus, One Day Remains). This record is also very diverse. Mark Tremonti does a fantastic job of breaking out of his norm of using drop D all the time and uses standard and open G, and there are also a decent number of quality solos, showcasing Mark's abilities as one of the best guitarists of our time.

I don't have that much to say about singer Myles Kennedy. All I can and will say is that he has a good range and adds a decent vibe to Alter Bridge. His lyrics on some of the songs are pretty good too. His voice is a little annoying at times, though. The lyrics Mark Tremonti contributed showcase his talent as a songwriter beyond guitar. The two best examples of this are on Watch Your Words and In Loving Memory.

I know that this is supposed to be a new band and not just Creed with a different singer, but Mark Tremonti without Scott Stapp just isn't right. Myles is excellent at range and ability, but he lacks the heart of Scott Stapp's performance. This album, however, is a decent, worthy listen if you like hard rock and amazing guitar solos. While I think Creed was better than Alter Bridge, I won't hesitate to recommend this album. The best songs are Find The Real, Open Your Eyes, Metalingus, and Watch Your Words. I wish Alter Bridge the best of luck and I hope they do well in the future.