One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

Mark Tremonti, Myles Kennedy, Scott Phillips and Brian Marshall together make one hell of a good sound. Especially with Tremonti's face melters and overall guitar talent makes awesome tunes, altough doesn't always connect with Kennedy's vocals. Myles has a voice that can flow along with heavy rock and metal to soft rock and sorrow (e.g. Metallingus - In Loving Memory). This album is an awesome new aged rock album and has some awesome sounds.

The lyrics in the songs on this album are some bloody well thoughtout lyrics. Most songs you hear these days are bunch of words put together that sounds shit or sounds good but no meaning at all. Tremonti and Kennedy put together write songs that have meaning and sound. 'One Day Remains' has some very impressive lyrics and is quite inspiratiional if you think about it it's all about not giving up and staying in. 'In Loving Memory' is oviously about a loved one passing, but the lyrics in this song is possibly one of the greatest lyrics written. But not all songs are top-notch, 'Down To My Last' and 'Watch Your Words' aren't that great of songs and could of been improved. But the lyrics in some of these songs are some of the greatest so that's why it's a 10.

This is a great style of rock, not as good as the classic rock but is possibly one of the greatest albums of the past decade. The most impressive thing about this album is mainly the lyrics but then again you can't go past Tremonti's guitar and Kennedy's vocal talent. I love this album because the songs can mean so much if you just listen to them and think what they can mean(and the solo in 'Open Your Eyes'. There's nothing really to hate about this album but your either going to love it or hate it. If it was stolen, lost or broken I would be pissed but still go buy it again definately. I would highly recommend this album for people possible looking for somethng new but still want to stay with rock or with ya want some good tunes to learn. In my opinon this should be up with the greatest debut albums but that's just me speaking listen to them and post your own opinon.

tuluks
    i couldve downloaded this album off the net for free, but as a true fan, i bought it and wasnt disappointed at all. tremonti is the man!