One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

After the end of Creed, Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, and Brian Marshall came back for more. They scouted and recruited Myles Kennedy of The Mayfield Four and started up Alter Bridge. And, unlike their past sounds from Creed of a post-grunge sound, they made a transition to a heavier, more alternative/hard rock sound. Alter Bridge did not fail at all with their transition, instantly able to put out a great sound with awesome solos from a big shredder in Tremonti.

Myles Kennedy brings some awesome lyrics to the already excellent work of the band, with lyrics that match well with the music and the overall tone of the songs. He's got an amazing voice and can do the highs and the lows, unlike a lot of modern singers out on the stage today.

This is one of my favorite albums of all time, because it was written excellently. Every track on it is awesome. This is one of the few albums I'm able to listen to all the way through without thinking "what the f--k kind of song was that?" It's definitely a step in a better direction from the band, especially having the powerful shred solo in "Open Your Eyes", the face-stomping "Find the Real", and the hardest of the album "Metalingus" (with a name like that, you know it kicks major ass). Everything about this album is great and if they do the same with their next album, they'll still have many fans wanting more from them. I accidentally broke the disc and, unlike what I would do with most albums, I bought another because it was that damned good.

Maurice(GUN)
    "One Day Remains" Is A Awesome Album!! AlterBridge Rocks!! I Cant Wait For The New Album "BlackBird"