One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

This band has come a long way since Creed. You can obviously tell of Mark Tremonti's sound without this whole album. Like Creed this bands album has excellent sound quality, more guitar riffs than Creed had. I'd say a lot more agressive and heavier than Creed. I' must say now that I listen to this band all new, Scott Stapp was holding the rest of the band back from what they really could be. As far as innovation, def better than a lot bands out there today. a lot of the songs are by Mark anyway, but the style in this album still reminds me of Creed alot. "Not a bad thing". I think the Creed sound should stay, but the heavier style is a great add.

Basically the band still sounds like a Christian rock band, the lyrics are about having faith, not giving up in life, picking yourself up, and good and bad memories. Maybe not as religious as Creed, but still it's nice to see the band not take a crazy route way off track. I love the lyrics, the riffs mix well with them and the new singer Myles is pretty good. Not as deep as Scott Stapp, but he can deffinately compare.

This album will deffinately compeat with the other hard rock alt. albums out there. I'm also a fan of P.O.D., Nickleback, and 3 Doors Down. I'd have to say this album blows away a lot of bands out of the picture today. The most impressive songs on the album are Shed My Skin, Broken Wings, and Burn It Down. The feeling you get from listening to the lyrics rather than that not so deep spirited rock today. Man you have to love this band. I' love this album. I played it in my car for a whole month. Then I'll play it again when I feel like it. I'd be madd if this album was lost when it is out of print.

kfong03
    thx to bands like velvet revolver and alter bridge rock n roll is still alive
    RobotRokker
    Alter Bridge just isn't that good. Honestly, the only song of theirs that I enjoy is "Metalingus". I've listened to a bunch of their stuff, and I definitely see their appeal to some people, I just can't get into them. I'll take Creed over them any day.
    Altermonti
    blackbird is awesome... the track blackbird is an epic! one day remains i like better than blackbird album, because theres more creed sound in it.
    sem_grey
    open ur eyes,in loving memory and broken wings are definately da best songs in this album....other songs too are really gud thou...great great album....
    D4CE
    open your eyes, in loving memory and broken wings are awesome 8/10
    mnf50
    The song 'One Day Remains' is absolutely perfect in so many ways.