One Day Remains review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Aug 10, 2004
Alter Bridge: One Day Remains

Alter Bridge gives an incredible sound to each of their songs. One can tell that Alter Bridge has the members of Creed, just Kennedy instead of Stepp, with Tremonti's famous incredibly-fast solos and amazing one-guitarists riffs and choruses. Alter Bridge had a similar playing style to that of Creed. They still had Tremonti playing his outstanding clean guitar playing with his beautifully written solos. Although Creed famously were a Christian band with a lot of their songs oriented on the fact that they're Christians, Alter Bridge claims that they're not a Christian band and that they write their songs based on how they feel and what sounds good, not what appeals to their Christian listeners or based on religious views.

As previously mentioned, Alter Bridge doesn't write their lyrics religiously-based but rather based on what they feel will sound good and they still manage to get some messages across to the listener. The lyrics and sounds generally made by Kennedy can be incredible. Kennedy's range can allow him to make the low pitched sounds in the choruses but he can also hit the highs in the famous "woohh"s that he does. The lyrics go really well with the instruments. Forming the lyrics and sounds together can really give the listener a sort of feeling of nostalgia and really allows you to sit back and relax to them, something not a lot of bands can give. Overall, the lyrics of this album fit perfectly with the guitar, bass and drums, giving a lot of enjoyment to their songs.

Although this album may be compared to some other albums by Alter Bridge and/or a few of Creed, the album is far by one of the best I've listened to. Of all the impressive songs on the album, of which I don't dislike any, I have to say that my favourite are "Open Yours Eyes" due to its incredibly fast solo by Tremonti and "Down to My Last." These two songs may be my favourite on the album but all of the songs on the album are generally amazing and a great listen; which can be rare to find on nearly all albums! I personally love the guitar playing in this album because it can be really moving in some songs, yet exciting and fast in others. I actually read some other reviews of this album and looked at the ratings and I see that it is considered one of the best albums ever made and I now know that it's not only me who enjoys it so much! I'd always make sure that I have a copy and I'd definitely replace it if it was to be stolen or lost. I never really was a Creed fan but I must say that this album was outstanding and I highly recommend that all readers and/or Tremonti/Kennedy fans go out and buy themselves a copy of this!