Rise Today review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Jul 30, 2007
Alter Bridge: Rise Today

Very impressive for the long-awaited single. Tremonti stated in an interview concerning the release of 'Blackbird' that he and Myles (Kennedy, vocalist/guitarist) would be writing more songs together as a team rather than Tremonti writing the majority of 'One Day Remains' and you can tell. A whole new set of tricks Alter Bridge pulls out. Not killing the drum beat at any part of the song and the lead guitar you heard playing in melody with the rythem guitar are the two that most stood out to me, other than the insanely melodic and fast outro solo. This is the long awaited single released by the long anticiapted stars of Creed and even Mayfield Four. But as a whole, this is a huge milestone for Alter Bridge. If there were a 20 rating, this song would get a 20+. But for now, 10.

Once again, Tremonti puts in his two cents on exchanging today's crime and hate for love and respect that really uplifts and generates the soul not only with the sound of the instruments but the words and poetry of the song. Though, he could spread out a little more of his concernings about the world than just having a better world all the time. It's great to write about, but I know he has a lot more on his mind, and maybe he's afraid to ruin his reputation as a lyricalist by offending someone. But the lyrics were solid none the less.

Way to get a jump-start on getting the word out for 'Blackbird'. Chances are, with a single like this one and 'Ties That Bind' and who knows what else could come out of that cd, 'Blackbird' will demand it's roll in going multi-platinum. a representative such as 'Rise Today' doesn't get much better, if it does. Very nive opening riff, very melodic chorus, very catchy bridge and once again very good solo for the end. The lyrics were the only thing a little un-innovative hence Tremonti's previous lyrics, but that was it for me. Long live the legend of Alter Bridge!

Spiritweaver
    I didn't even know this was coming out lol, but I'm sure as hell gonna pick it up, Alter Bridge ****ing rules
    tuluks
    its not like open your eyes, but its still rocks! this album its collaboration between myles and mark. the first one was just mark, who has the creed inside him, so to me the last album sounded better.
    Patrick244
    AWESOME!!! I miss the Creed days but this is off the hook too. I bought the first Alter Bridge album on the first day it came out and I plan on doing the same on the second album. They make really great rock songs to listen too.
    TwanBracco
    Man this is gonna be awesome. The whole album! Blackbird in stores on 9 october !
    sem_grey
    this is good this is really good....tremonti,marshal and philips' musik is pure magic....myles too is getting there...but nothing beats an experienced trio from creed
    sem_grey
    this is good this is really good....tremonti,marshal and philips' musik is pure magic....myles too is getting there:blending in well...but nothing beats an experienced trio like dis guys