Rise Today review by Alter Bridge

• Released: Jul 30, 2007
Alter Bridge: Rise Today

This CD had a lot of different feels to it. Songs like White Knuckles and One by One seem to have a metal or hard rock feel, while songs like Brand New Start are unmistakably rock. This album was definitely a good CD. Mark Tremonti, (Lead guitar and backup vocals), who also writes the music, really outdid himself. This album really exceeded my expectations, which were already high.

Alter Bridge is a good band, no foul lyrics, no curses or any innuendo like that. Their lyrics were very emotional, in a good way. They went along nearly perfectly with the music. Some songs have no point, they're just songs. Others, like One by One seem to have a feel to them I can't place, but you can tell something is behind the music. Myles Kennedy, the singer, is very talented, not to mention his ability to play rhythm guitar while singing. Good job to him.

This album seems similar to other albums and artists with the same taste. Creed, for example, had the same songwriter, whose songwriting ability only got better after Creed broke up and Alter Bridge was formed from Creed minus Scott Stapp, who pursued a solo career. My 3 favorite songs from this album are Ties That Bind, One by One, and White Knuckles, though Watch Over You is quite possibly the most beautiful song I've heard in a while. I like the talent of all the members. I really don't hate anything about it. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again.