The War Of Art review by American Head Charge

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
American Head Charge: The War Of Art

When I first got this album from my friend I loved ever single track, I found Martin Cock's vocals incredible and not like that of any other's. The guitars are heavy and have a great amount of variatioin depending on the mood of the song. On this album, unlike many, you can hear the bass quite well, which is great, as I am a bassist I love to be able to hear it, also the electronics and keyboards are very dramatic and also beautiful at times, like in "Song For The Suspect" the drums have a great sound on them too.

The lyrics always seem to fit the song. This is an album that no matter what you are doing, you will always find at least one song with referance to it. It has songs for what ever mood you are in at any time. As I have mentioned before, Martin Cock's voice is incredible.

This is one of my favourite albums of all time, I borrowed it from my friend, and the next day I went out and bought it so I could have a copy to call my own. Unfortunatly, where I live at least, it is quite hard to find a copy of the album, however, since "The Feeding" came out, it seems to be in shops again. The 5 best songs on the album are in no order: "Just So You Know," "Violent Reaction," "Pushing The Envelope," "Song For The Suspect," and "Effigy 23." Now I have written the songs out I look at them and think I have missed out so many, the truth is, there is not a single song on this album that doesn't deeserve to be in that list. They are all amazing. The debut album is far better than "The Feeding" for energy, lyrics, and just the all around feel of the songs, as they are well crafted and also all leave you in awe.

livewire76
    "just so you know" and "seamless" get my vote.. I have to admit ive lost the album thru my travels but would recomend anybody who likes heavy, dark guitar work to give these guys a listen. Kinda along the lines of Slipknot or Mushroomhead..