The War Of Art review by American Head Charge

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
American Head Charge: The War Of Art

I bought this album pretty soon after it's release, mostly due to the airplay of 'just so you know' on Kerrang! radio. This band incorporate heavy guitar riffs, and morbid lyrics like most metal bands. They hit you hard, and keep on coming. It's an exhausting, exhilirating experience. It certainly grabs you by the balls.

The lyrics are stereotypical of the genre. However, the singer adds something with his vocals. He seems to put a lot more into it than other artists do. He has plenty of passion, and it really comes across. The lyrics fit the style of music, obviously. And they do seem to fit with the tone of each song quite well.

The tracks really grow on you. When I first heard 'Just So You Know', I thought 'ok, another band looking for the success slipknot had in the '90s. But after a few time slistening to the track, it was one of those tracks you listen to, and keep singing in your head for days afterwards, and the album was no different. What I hate about the album is that American Head Charge could have produced something truly amazing if they hadnt stuck to the status quo of metal bands. They had the potential to record an album that was truly unique and amazing, and yet came up with something that claws at the surface of something greater. As it happens, the album did get stolen, and all I did was download a few tracks I loved.

Brasseye81
    Just got this album again after a friend never gave it back for some reason. It still sounds awesome and Mr Cock's voice still ranks as one of the best modern metal voices (although he ranks as a poor Mike Patton alternative!) All wrapped up, seamless and JSYK are the highlights. It was dirt cheap as well! A winner!