American Hi-Fi Review

artist: American Hi-Fi date: 02/21/2006 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

American Hi-Fi: American Hi-Fi
Release Date: Feb 27, 2001
Label: Island
Genres: Post-Grunge, Punk-Pop
Delivering fresh new strains to the genre on their eponymous debut, they maintain a high quality standard throughout the whole record.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
American Hi-Fi Reviewed by: Desert_RockerX1, on february 21, 2006

Sound: I give the sound of this album a 9 because it doesn't have a lot of orignality to it but it's still great to me! I think they do a great job in making the music (guitars, drums, bass) match the lyrics and overall "feel" of the song. I love all the songs and think they're great (if not original or very deep). // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are great for the style of music. They are most notable on Flavor Of The Week and A Bigger Mood and Another Perfect Day (in my opinion). Each song is about a diffrent thing. Flavor Of The Week about a guy being jealous. The lyrcis are cathcy and it sounds like they put a lot of thought into them to make them sound awesome and meaningful. // 10

Overall Impression: I think it's one of the best albums made for this style (I don't wanna classify them myself because I'll prbly get a reply from someone saying they aren't what I think they are and get pissed). The most impressive songs are Falvor Of The Week, Bigger Mood, Surroud, screw it they're all great. I would definately buy it again if it were stolen. // 10

Comments