The Art Of Losing review by American Hi-Fi

• Released: Feb 25, 2003
American Hi-Fi: The Art Of Losing

This record is a nice blend of overdriven guitars and tight drumming. American Hi-Fi clearly have some talent and are able to write catchy rock songs with good lyrics and catchy riffs. The Art Of Losing is a very well put together album and stands out from most rock albums.

The lyrics fit nicely with the music and he has quite a good voice which again fits in with the style of the music, however occasionaly his voice seems a little bit weak and when he shouts it doesn't quite sound right.

I found this to be a very well made and compared to their other albums I think this is just as good if not better. The most impressive songs on the album are The Art Of Losing which has very nice drumming carrying the tune along and Nothing Left To Lose which again has tight drumming but also has a very catchy guitar riff which makes it the outstanding song from the album. The only downside to this guitar is it is quite short at 36 minutes and occasionaly songs can seem boring after listening for a while. If I lost this album I would definately buy it again as it is one of my favourites.