Fate of Norns review by Amon Amarth

• Released: Sep 6, 2004
Amon Amarth: Fate of Norns

Amon Amarth are back with a new album with as much force and destruction as 50,000 Vikings storming the beaches of Scandinavia. "Fate Of Norns" released in 2004 has quickly bacame an instant classic to Amon Amarths already oustanding dicography. This Album has a real brutal sound that can leave you ears bleeding and wanting more. The overall sound od of the ablum is incredible, the guitars are seering with aggressivness and unforgiveness. And the drums are incedibly on well played. Some of the best double bass performances I have heard in a long time. Fate Of Norns is definetly an album to take in to consideration if you love that Scandinavian death/viking metal.

Amon Amarth are a very impressive band with a lot story behind there lyrics. Most of them are based off of Ancient Viking stories and mythology. Most of the songs are based upon the journeys where viking sailed to foriegn countries to gain riches and land. In my opinion these are well thought out lyrics explaining the lifes and battles to which Viking had lived. The Lyrics and overall sound of the music blend very nicely and it is very easy to understand and make what Johan Hegg is saying. He does a very good job and the lyrics and is an excellant story teller. I personally love his voices and it works great wiht this certain genre of music. Two thumbs up.

Compared to other albums Fate Of Norns or Amon Amarth in general are very easy to recongize, but if you were to compare a band with them I think Opeth would be the closest. I am very impressed with the overall song list in this album. It has quickly became my album of the month. I love the descriptive Vicking influence in this album, and I love the drums and how well they blend with the guitars. And I wouldn't say I hate anything about this album. This album is definetly worth buying again if it was to be stolen. I give it two devil horns in the air. Buy it, you'll love.

tepagasco
    the swedes sure know what they're doing. if you dig the viking stuff, be sure also to check out the equally-epic Wintersun from Finland.
    .:KrAmJaN:.
    Amon Amarth is just awesome, i love bands that sing about ancient mythology and such same with Nile.
    darkseason
    Fate of Norns is an excellently written album. Guitars are incredible, drums are phenomenal, and the vocals are a perfect match for the music and the lyrics. All hail viking rock!
    The Kaos Within
    Long live viking metal!The guitars are great, and the vocals are awesome. Go see them live, it'll blow your mind.
    SvnStringMaster
    they're nothing like opeth. this cd rules, but i think some of their older stuff is better. however, amon amarth rules!