With Oden on Our Side review by Amon Amarth

• Released: Sep 27, 2006
Amon Amarth: With Oden on Our Side

The sound of the album, With Oden On Our Side, is very good. Thier music is amazing, they really know how to make great music. It seems as if the CD is a story of an army preparing for war. They use the same style they always have, a melotic, often time hard melody followed by a breakdown consisting of tremelo picking on the guitar. This CD is one of the best from Amon Amarth and I love it.

Like always the lyrics talk about war and ancient gods. Like all othe AA CD's the lyrics are great. The lyrics go great with the music like on all the other Amon Amarth CDs. Johan Hegg is a great growler who has great skills. He has great sound, ability, and range.

Amon Amarth doesn't really compare with other bands, they have thir own styles and they are great ones. Some impressive songs are Valhall Awaits Me, Cry Of The Blackbirds, Runes To My Memory, With Oden On Our Side, and Asator. I love the style, the lyrics, and the guitars they are all great. If it was stolen or lot I would deffinatley go get another one asap.

Thrasher#12
    Great cd. I dont agree with the first review however, about Runes To My Mermory becasue i think its one of the albums best songs.Amon Amarth rule! \m/
    The Black Salts
    I honestly thought after Fate of Norns that they were going downhill, but this album is one of their best, so nevermind. Odin is spelled in a lot of different ways: Odin, Oden, Odhin, Odhinn, Odenn. Most Norse mythology books don't follow the same spelling guide when it comes to his name. It's possible that ''Odin'' is just the North American version of it. Some people find the silent ''H'' to be verbally challenging, but no matter, I will kill them.