Gargling With Infected Semen Review

Amputated: Gargling With Infected Semen
Release Date: 20006
Label: Sevared Records
Genres: Death Metal
The album contains 10 tracks, all with sampled starts to add to the atmosphere of a track.
review (1) 4 comments vote for this album:
Gargling With Infected Semen Reviewed by: Slinov, on july 22, 2008

Sound: Amputated are part of the British brutal death metal scene, hailing from Bristol. The album itself contains 10 tracks, all with sampled starts to add to the atmosphere of a track. The guitars are deep and crunchy, with blast beats from the drums, and a bass guitarist that isn't afraid of popping and slapping in some songs. Overall, the instrumentation has a medium thickness quality to it, that allows the listener to concentrate on the vocal talents of Mark (vocalist). I recently saw them live and found out whilst talking to the band that they use the vocals as more of a rhythm section to add to the songs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are non existent. As I said above, Mark uses his vocal abilities of deep pig squeals and mid-high screams as a further rhythm element to the band's sound. Whilst talking to him, he said he doesn't have lyrics because most of the time, he can't remember them. A lot of the songs themselves are named in ways to inspire the imagination. With songs like "Menstural Cunt Fart", "Lesbian Coprophagia" and my personal favorite "MDSPT". Which stands for "Molesting Down Syndrome Pre-Teens". // 10

Overall Impression: This album is, to date, probably the heaviest one I own, and I have to say it's thoroughly entertained me the entire way, be it from the rhythmic snorts and barks of Mark's vocals chords, to the intense rhythms of the instrumentation, and even the song titles kept me amused for a little while. If you like to have fun whilst listening to your music, then I suggest you buy this album, or see them live. They put on a fantastic live performance, that guarantees laughs. // 10

Comments