Lost Songs review by Anberlin

• Released: Nov 20, 2007
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Anberlin: Lost Songs

The sound is OK, it's not really Anberlin though. The acoustic tracks are nice, especially "Naive Orleans", and "Dismantle. Repair." Although there a few flaws with this album. Including the terrible performance of "Inevitable", and "The Unwinding Cable Car". Some highlights on this album, are tracks such as: "Enjoy The Silence", "Readyfuels (Demo Version)", and "The Haunting". All in all though it's an album full of misfit songs that are OK, but is less than I have come to expect from Anberlin.

The vocal quality is up and down on this, on some song Steven Christian sounds angelic, others his vocals leave something to be desired. Especially on the tracks: "Inevitable", The Unwinding Cable Car", "Everywhere and in Between" But fortunately Christian shines on some tracks such as: "The Haunting", "Uncanny", and Naive Orleans (acoustic version)".

The only fundamental problem with this CD is it's everything Anberlin isn't. Like in the cover Steven Christian explains how each song didn't really fit their sound, so it's like Anberlin reject songs. If I could do it again, I probably would buy it, but I was not impressed with Anberlin's "Lost Songs".

RelientK_V_Fan
    well the "unwinding Cable Car" and "Invevitable" were AOL Sessions. So they didn't have it all spiced up and stephen's voice was fine (the other guy singing, not so much). They said that this CD was for their "Hard Core Fans" so for people who enjoy Anberlin in any style. This was a lot of song's that didn't make the records, don't expect anything great.
    linds4lif
    freeleeday wrote: b is for b-sides. aka, crap that didn't make the cut.
    exactly