Never Take Friendship Personal review by Anberlin

• Released: Feb 1, 2005
Anberlin: Never Take Friendship Personal

This CD is a great example of loud and quiet rock, producing a nice sound of the both, with some great riffs. This album is probably Anberlin's best and just gets you listening. I like the use of the instruments in this album but I think they should have varied the drumming a bit more, though it fits in most of the songs so it works OK. I like that it just goes quiet here and there and that they aren't full on like some bands can be, and it all simply fits in place and flows well with a fair bit of ascending and descending in places, no sharp key changes.

Awesome. They have definitly created a much better flow with the lyrics and music, making the listener focus on the lyrics and the music sort of expresses the same thing Stephen is singing. I think he uses his voice very effectivly in Never Take Friendship Personal, The Runaways, The Feel Good Drag - which is a very powerful song and Dance, Dance Christa Paffgen. They have also used their wording well and experimented with some of the rhyming which is great and gives it much better structure.

This is a very good album all over, but wish it had a few more tracks on it, though all of these ones are great anyway. I think Never Take Friendship Personal has very deep meaning and is a great song, but I think the standouts are The Feel Good Drag and Dance, Dance Christa Paffgen, for a bit of variety. If I lost this album there is no doubt that I would buy 3 more copies so I never lost it again. I like that they sing about something different in each song and don't keep just pushing one point of veiw in each song.

zyxdragon
    Tight i didnt even know that these guys were christian rock? thats kewl and i completely agree with his voice!
    shnurs
    I am punk "BF" wrote: I totally love the band. But i really think that this album was better then all of their others
    defs. cities is way overated IMO and i think its a bit of a sellout, havent heard much of that blueprints album yet.
    Rockstar729
    They are NOT Christian Rock. He is a Christian and he lets that influence his writing, but they get that because they were signed with Tooth and Nail which is a pretty Christian label.
    Kai07
    I just got addicted to The Feel Good Drag. It's an EPIC song, and the chorus just...oh god. I'd give this CD a 10 instantly.
    jjprincess23
    this band is the greatest! their newish cd new surrender is amazung! my fav. song is paperthinhymn, and that video is quite sad. his voice is awsome, i saw them live in jan. and it was the best concert in the world!