Amore Review

Andrea Bocelli: Amore
Release Date: Jan 31, 2006
Label: Decca
Genres: Classical Crossover, Adult Contemporary
Amore features songs from various musical eras, from the '20s through the '80s, which Bocelli sings in his native Italian, Spanish, and French.
 8.8
 8.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Amore Reviewed by: stepco12345, on august 08, 2008

Sound: Magnificent. A voice so powerful. A voice so stunning. Andrea Bocelli shows on this album that he definitely is one the of greatest singers in the music industry today. Andrea Bocelli's voice captures your heart and fills the room through your stereo or fills your mind through your headphones with his superb voice. His voice alone captures your attention and draws you into the music. Amore gives the listener an opportunity to experience what Andrea Bocelli does best and he does not folly. Amore provides the great vocals of Andrea Bocelli is known for. His spectacular voice resonates and is represented best through tracks like "Mi Manchi" and "Pero Te Extrano". This album also contains musical guests. Known musicians such as Stevie Wonder and Christina Aguilera donate their vocals for the album. Kenny G is also on this album, providing his saxophone skills in the track entitled "Mi Manchi". These artists do a well done job contributing to the album and adding to its brilliance. The musical side of the album is not the main focus. Andrea Bocelli is an operatic pop singer, therefore the attention is placed on his singing. The singing of Andrea Bocelli overpowers the music and does minimizes the musical side of the album. However, music is present on the album. When you listen to the musical portion of the songs, you hear a peaceful piece of music and is appropriate for the vocals. It is pleasant to the ear and continues to draw the listener closer to the album. // 9

Lyrics: Most of the songs on the album are not sung in English. The songs are primarily sung in Italian. The lyrics are beautiful and are sung even more beautiful. The singing does most of the story telling. Even though I may not have known what Andrea Bocelli was singing about in the majority of the songs, I felt like I did through the power and intensity of Andrea's voice. // 9

Overall Impression: This album was impressive. Operatic pop is not a genre listened by me, but I just fell in love with this album. The beauty that is given by the voice of Andrea Bocelli just consumes. The adequate range of emotion and heart that comes from the voice of Andrea Bocelli wants to make me listen to this album again and again. His great voice make it irrelevant what language the vocals are presented in. This album just blew me away the first time I listened to it. I was immediately attached to this album. The only disappointment I have is that I was not introduced to this album earlier. Operatic pop music is not a genre that will be found in high amounts in my library, however Andrea Bocelli reminds me how amusing this genre is every time I listen to him on any track off Amore. This album is definitely something that will get frequent air time on my computer. There is beauty left in this world and it is "Amore" by Andrea Bocelli. // 9

Comments