The Wolf review by Andrew W.K.

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Andrew W.K.: The Wolf

I bought this cd after listening to Get Wet for about 2 weeks non-stop. At first I was kinda dissapointed cause most of the songs were slower paced than the last cd, but after a few listens I couldn't get em outta my head. The overall sound of the album is up-beat, with lot's of sweet guitar riffs and some nice keyboard work.

If their is one weak point to AWK, it's his lyrics. Most of the songs seems like they say the same things over and over, like partying or being in love. And I wouldn't say that he has the greatest voice either, but there are some songs where he really shines. My sister told me he sounds like oscar the grouch though.

Overall I would say that The wolf is a better cd than Get wet. Personally I thought the best songs on the cd were last couple, like Totally Stupid, The End Of Our Lives and I Love Music. If you're sick of the boring and depressing rock out there today, you should definately buy this cd! If it were stolen I would just use the copy I burnt for my car stereo.