I-Empire review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: Nov 6, 2007
Angels & Airwaves: I-Empire

The sound of the record is very good, but nothing revolutionary or ground breaking. The bass playing has noticable improved, with Matt Wachter being added to the line-up. Supposedly there is a story being told throughout the album, but I have yet to notice it. So if you like they whole alternative/progressive rock thing, or liked Blink it's definitely worth checking out.

The lyrics are decent enough, but once again nothing special and they fit with the music good enough the standout song lyrically being Secret Crowds, "If I had a world, I build you an empire". And Tom returns with the squeaky, girly, heavily edited, anoying voice that we all know and love.

I-Empire is a big improvement over the bands previous record, We Don't Need to Whisper. They were a few songs that really jumped out at me, Call to Arms, Everything's Magic, and Secret Crowds. One of my favorite things about the album is it's cover, it is the coolest cover I have seen in the past few years. My big problem with the CD is there are a few songs that are mearly interludes, So wish there were a few more tracks. If it were lost I would prolly just buy the few songs that I really like off iTunes. Overall not a bad buy.