I-Empire review by Angels & Airwaves

• Released: Nov 6, 2007
Angels & Airwaves: I-Empire

If you are a fan of the sound on Angels & Airwaves first album released in 2006 titled "We Don't Need To Whisper," you will most deffinetely be entranced be the spacey vibes in the songs that "I-Empire" delivers. The band somewhat fades from there "3 minute intro" status, and instead have much more "oh's" and "ah's" within the songs. I still think that the space like sounds are a very innovative improvment in music and that shows in songs such as, "Love Like Rockets" and "Heaven." The album starts off with a song titled "Call To Arms," and it's powerful and catchy sound deffinetely shows that Angels & Airwaves are back and better than ever on this new album.

The lyrics are still fired with the message of love and searching for who you truly are just as they were in "We Don't Need To Whisper," but they have most certaintly matured. The song with some of my favorite lyrics is "Love Like Rockets." The message that Delonge is telling you is that going to a place where you cannot expect what is going to happen is a lot like love. Other songs that touch on the love base are "Breathe, and "True Love." The band stretches their theme of finding who you are and what you believe in throught the rest of the songs. And about Delonge; his singing abilites have deffenetley come a long way from the Blink days, and that is a very good achievement.

Overall, I think that AVA's second album is about as equally amazing as their debut one. The song's have matured much more and I no longer compare them to Blink. They are a totally different band and a much more powerful one at that. "Everything's Magic," their first single, does have some Blink 182 roots withnin it, but Delonge and Comp. such as hell put much more feeling into the song. Then there are songs such as "Heaven," "Sirens," and "Lifeline" which just mezmirize you and shows that life is something everyone should put their best effort into. The song "Rite of Spring" is a somewhat autobiography on Delonge's life up until now and has an intriguing meaning describing that our lives our always going to have their low points, but double the highs. And probably the album's anthem "Secret Crowds" has the most divine lyrics, music, and message within them that go hand in hand with "I-Empire's" vibe. I will say that there is no "Adventure" on this album, which in my opinion is one of the greatest songs ever written, but it's safe to say that almost all the songs on I-Empire come pretty close.